Apprentice Hairdresser Technician UNIVERSAL BLISS LTD
We have an apprentice opportunity at our salon based in St Ives. This position will suit either a new apprentice looking to start their career or ideally a candidate looking to complete their Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 17 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Salon opening hours: Monday, 8.45am - 5.15pm Tuesday, 8.45am - 5.15pm Wednesday, 8.45am - 5.15pm Thursday, 8.45am - 7.45pm Friday, 8.45am - 5.15pm Saturday, 8.45am - 6.15pm The apprentice will work 40 hrs per week (includes the paid day release into college for training).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
02 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The salon apprentice's responsibilities will include:
- Greeting clients as they arrive
- Dealing with payments and appointment bookings
- Shampooing, draping, and brushing out a client's hair before the cut or style
- Preparing colour treatments
- Supplying refreshments to clients
- Maintaining the presentation of the salon at all times
- Cutting client's hair with close mentoring support and training provided
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- At the end of the apprenticeship, you would have achieved Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard
- The apprentice would be assigned an assessor through the College, who would typically come out to visit in the workplace to assess workplace Hairdressing skills competence
- The knowledge side would be provided via an online portal VLE (Virtual Learning Environment), and assignments/ evidence of work/ portfolio would be checked via an online Smart Assessor
- If required Functional Skills will be in addition to this Apprenticeship
You will be working in the salon 4 days a week with 1 day a week at Cambridge Regional College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This Apprenticeship (at Level 2) could lead to a Hairdressing Technician role and the chance to continue on to a Level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
UNIVERSAL BLISS LTD
CAMBRIDGE REGIONAL COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.