Autocare Technician Apprentice - Grimsby SAVOY TYRES LTD
An exciting opportunity to work in one of 13 well-established Savoy autocentres based in Grimsby. This exciting opportunity will allow you to work not only on repairing and maintaining vehicles you will gain experience and knowledge of hybrid vehicles, air conditioning, parts stock management, customer service, sales and much more.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Additional bonus scheme in place
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Saturday, between 08:30 - 17:30
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
11 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
If you would like to gain experience and knowledge in the following areas to start your career in the motor industry, this is the apprenticeship for you!
Responsibilities will include:
- Demonstrate expertise, not only on the technical aspects of motor vehicle technology but also in retail, parts and customer service
- Hybrid / Electric vehicle system and safe working practices
- Vehicle 4-wheel geometry principles
- Vehicle systems including battery, charging and air conditioning
- Tyre maintenance, legislation and technical information
- Fundamentals of specialist vehicle systems
- Use a range of tools, measuring and diagnostic equipment to identify and repair similar system faults
- Experience how the business works and how you contribute to the overall results, demonstrating commercial awareness
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Delivery of the Level 2 Autocare Technician apprenticeship standard; one day per week at the GTA.
English and maths Functional Skills up to level 1 if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to progress onto a light vehicle maintenance apprenticeship standard (level 3 equivalent).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SAVOY TYRES LTD
NORTH HUMBERSIDE MOTOR TRADES GROUP TRAINING ASSOCIATION
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.