Tool & Jig Maker Apprentice (Injection Moulding) RGE Group
This role will support the tool room in making sure that the correct tooling is provided for the machines in order to mould the plastic to the correct shapes.
Closing date: today
8am to 4.30pm with half an hour for lunch
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working in the toolmaking department with around 10 other staff. Duties will include:
- Making tools
- Making Jigs
- Adhering to all health & Safety requirements
- Attending college to complete weekly off the job training
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard in Engineering Technician - Toolmaker and Tool and Die Maintenance Technician Pathway.
College attendance will be:
- Year 1 - 3 days a week
- Year 2 - 2 days a week
- Year 3 - 1 day a week
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) – Toolmaker, Tool and Die Maintenance
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship with opportunities to develop within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4-9) Essential
About the employer
The Station House 15 Station Road
INSPIRE EDUCATION GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.