Apprentice Childcare Nursery Practioner EXCELLENCE-SOLUTIONS LIMITED
A childminding company looking into expanding. We are planning on opening a nursery soon and we believe this would be a great opportunity for an apprentice to grow. Plan and supervise child-initiated and adult-led activities which are based on the needs and interests of each child
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 45.0
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
05 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Plan and supervise child-initiated and adult-led activities which are based on the needs and interests of each child
- Support children to develop numeracy and language skills through games and play
- Have key person responsibility to help ensure each child feels safe and secure
- Observe each child and shape their learning experience, reflecting on their observations and assessments
- Meet the care needs of the individual child such as feeding, changing nappies and administration of medicine
- Work in partnership with other colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of each child
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- At the end of your apprenticeship you will achieve a Level 2 in Early Years Practitioner
- You will achieve a Functional Skills in English and Maths(if required)
- This is a day release programme where you will need to attend online sessions with your tutor.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completing your Apprenticeship, you could progress onto an Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship or move into a full-time role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.