Carpentry Apprentice P.G.M. CARPENTRY CONTRACTORS LTD
We are currently looking for candidates who are interested in becoming apprentices and joining the carpentry sector of the building world. This will be a 2-year course where you'll work under the guidance and direction of an experienced carpenter or craftsperson. you’ll carry out all aspects of carpentry from new build homes to refurbishments.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
The first year will be paid at £5.50 an hour and the second year the wage will increase to the national minimum wage!
Monday to Friday 7:30am to 4:30pm with breaks and this will be 1 day a week at college. The rest of the week will be spent on site gaining valuable experience.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
27 Jun 2023
02 May 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learn the process of understanding drawings and work in accordance with specifications
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed
- Follow Health & Safety policy and procedures, including the wearing of personal protective equipment (PPE) where needed.
- Use various tools, equipment and materials safely
Installation of the following:
- First fixing
- Window installation
- Second fixing
- Kitchen installation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- During this course you will be attending college once a week with the rest of the week spent on site
- This course will be 2 years and once it's completed you will gain your Level 2 in Carpentry and Joinery
- Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- After the apprenticeship scheme, the newly qualified carpenter can be taken on as a subcontractor and get a further 1 year of guidance from our dedicated apprenticeship team to ensure your experience is rounded for a bright career in carpentry
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other CSCS Card (Grade This is required for site work) Essential
About the employer
P.G.M. CARPENTRY CONTRACTORS LTD
MULTI TRADES TRAINING LTD
Carpentry and joinery
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.