Multi Skilled Engineering Apprentice BRETT AGGREGATES LIMITED
We have a fantastic opportunity to train a Multi Skilled Engineering Apprentice that will undertake a structured training program of academic and vocational work, both on site and off site. The apprentice will gain the required skills and knowledge to support the Engineering Team on the largest processing plant Brett Aggregates have.
Closing date: today
This salary will be reviewed annually based on the qualifications and experience signed off.
Shifts to be confirmed
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
28 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Appreciation of preventative and reactive maintenance of the Equipment /processes available to support efficient asset maintenance. workflow processes, condition based
- Plans and executes preventative maintenance activities using the workflow process tools and resources. Develops/implements routine maintenance procedures
- Participate in engineering development activities
- Uses problem solving techniques/tools to identify a suitable resolution to problems
- Preventive Maintenance tasks on mechanical equipment
- Preventive Maintenance tasks on electrical equipment
- Installation of electrical/mechanical equipment
- Reactive Engineering tasks on mechanical equipment
- Reactive Engineering tasks on electrical equipment
- Carry out testing and handover of equipment and plant
- Fault finding on electrical & mechanical equipment
- Fabrication of parts and structures
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Year 1 of the Level 3 Maintenance and Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard, the learner will attend four days a week within IPS Rochester workshop completing practical skills (Performing Engineering Operations) and one day a week studying the Technical Certificate
- In Year 2, the Apprentice moves to day-release and will attend IPS one day a week to continue the Technical Certificate
- Starting in Year 2 and continuing until completion in Year 4
- The Apprentice will continue to receive regular training contact with IPS all throughout the programme
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, there will be the possibility of gaining a permanent position within a team of highly skilled engineers, as a Multi Skilled Engineer
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BRETT AGGREGATES LIMITED
North Sea Terminal
IPS INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.