Apprentice Yarn Production Operative PROGRESSIVE THREADS LTD
What is Yarn? Yarn is a long continuous length of interlocked fibres, used in sewing, crocheting, knitting, weaving, embroidery and the production of textiles. Thread is a type of yarn intended for sewing by hand or machine. It starts life without colour and we make it the colour that customers want. Could you be our new manufacturing apprentice?
Closing date: 31 Oct 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
06 Nov 2023
28 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Collect batches of yarn from the warehouse using production tickets to ensure you are picking the correct product.
- Document the information required for the order/process (product numbers, amount etc).
- Prepare batch, ready to load onto the winding machine Checking for quality issues as you do.
- Load the yarn packages onto the winding machines & thread the yarn through guiders. When you are happy that all checks have been made, start the machine.
- Stay with the machine whilst the process is running to ensure no ‘glitches’ occur and so that you can stop the machine straight away if you notice anything wrong.
- When the cycle is complete, remove the yarn and add to drying racks.
- Monitor at all teams for quality and health & safety.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative apprenticeship standard, including Functional Skills if required.
EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/3589/0
ETCAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/5151/2
Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/4344/8
OAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge and Skills) Ofqual number: 603/6783/0
City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 610/0180/6
No other qualification can be completed within this standard
This programme is delivered via a day release delivery model which means that one day per week, your attendance is required at our Engineering campus, NG17. This attendance is required during term time only.
You will work with expert assessors to develop new knowledge, skills and behaviours within the profession.
You will experience a blended learning model.
You will gather learning evidence, journals and off-the-job records using your e-portfolio.
At the end of the planned learning period, it will be agreed that you are ready to enter 'Gateway' and for your End Point Assessment to be arranged.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of this apprenticeship further training may be offered to maintain your skills within the role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 9-3 / A*-D) Desired
About the employer
WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.