L3 Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Ross Pharmacy
An opportunity has arisen with Ross Pharmacy. You will be taking in and handing out prescriptions, dispensing and selling over-the-counter medicines. You will work towards a Level 3 Pharmacy Technician (integrated) apprenticeship standard.
Closing date: 28 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Shifts to be confirmed, with four days based in the pharmacy and one paid day at college.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
30 Jun 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Taking in and handing out prescriptions
- Receiving and ordering stock
- Selling over the counter medicines
- Advising patients about medications
- Undertaking final checks on the prescriptions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Pharmacy Technician (integrated) Apprenticeship standard
- The successful candidate will be working in the community pharmacy close to their home and attending college one day a week
- The candidate will also be registered with the general Pharmaceutical Council Level 3 qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Can progress to working as a pharmacy technician in a hospital, community pharmacy, air force and pharmaceutical industries
In a hospital setting, there are several grades for pharmacy technicians. They can, for example, specialise in areas such as:
- quality control
- staff training
- information technology
- supplies procurement
- clinical trials or medicine information services
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
28 The Broadway, Joel Street
INSPIRE MIDDLESEX COLLEGE LTD
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.