Dental Nurse Apprentice Chapel Dental
Chapel Dental is offering an exciting opportunity for two reliable and self- motivated people to join their highly skilled team as Apprentice Dental Nurses. You will gain an insight into the industry and develop new skills, working towards becoming a registered Dental Nurse.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
£10,982.40 to £21,673.60
Annual pay review. Once qualified, the GDC registration will be paid for by practice
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday - Friday, 8.15am - 5.15pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
28 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Daily duties will include:
- Chair side dental nursing alongside the dentists and hygienists, including setting up and shutting down surgeries and decontamination areas
- Maintaining a high level of cross infection control in line with HTM 01-05 guidelines
- Assist with reception duties and perform other clerical duties if required
- Work towards a nationally recognised qualification leading to the registration with the GDC
- Follow all practice policies and procedures
- Learn dental software system
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor
- You will be required to attend Cornwall College Camborne on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There will be opportunities to progress onto additional training and development following qualifying as a dental nurse
- Training available to obtain qualifications in radiography / oral health education
- Can further career by training to be a hygienist/therapist
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
About the employer
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.