Teaching Assistant Apprentice DAVID NIEPER EDUCATION TRUST
As a teaching assistant you establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations. You will also establish constructive relationships and communicate with other relevant professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support students learning and progress.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Hourly wage is £5.50 for the first 6 months of the apprenticeship but will increase to the National Minimum wage for their age from month 7 onwards. Meaning the Annual wage may vary depending on candidates age.
Monday - Friday, 8.05am - 4.35pm.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
28 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To communicate effectively with the public and wider community and provide effective support for teaching staff and pupils
- To promote and support the implementation of the academy aims, policies and values
- To work flexibly as part of the support staff team to contribute to the smooth operation of the school
- To use the academy computer hardware and software packages where appropriate
- Candidates should indicate an acceptance of, and a commitment to, the Academy’s policies in relation to equality and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Ensure the health, safety and welfare of students is maintained at all times
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom and academy
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other relevant professionals, in liaison with the teacher, to support students learning and progress
- Motivate students to complete tasks set by the class teacher and encourage students to interact and work co-operatively with others to ensure all students are engaged on the set task
- Respond to any questions from students about process and procedures
- Preparing the classroom for lessons, tidying up and keeping the classroom in good order
- Creating displays of pupils’ work
- Undertake any administrative duties as required
- To assist and support staff and students in the classroom or in the Base as directed. This will provide support for students as directed by the SENCO/Assistant SENCO
- To provide support for teachers in delivering intervention strategies (e.g. numeracy/literacy/SEN) as required
- To supervise lunchtime activities on a rota basis
- To plan, deliver and review intervention groups, homework club and extracurricular clubs
- Accompany teaching staff and students on educational visits
- To attend faculty meetings
- To support with all whole academy and faculty events as required
- Any other duties reasonable, as requested by line manager or Headteacher
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression within the school
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or Above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DAVID NIEPER EDUCATION TRUST
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.