Aerospace Quality Apprentice Hyde Group
Are you looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to work in a fast paced predominantly aerospace supplier with a growing orderbook and portfolio of clients? We are looking to appoint an Apprentice Quality Assurance Engineer to gain industry knowledge and aerospace experience to work as part of our quality team within our Cheshire site.
Closing date: 15 Jun 2023
£10,433.28 to £20,589.92
Hourly rate is negotiable depending on experience
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Monday to Friday 7.30am - 4.00pm
Total hours per week: 38
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Planning / engineering
- Operational processes
- Heat treatment and testing
- Stores / kitting / dispatch
- FAIR preparation
- CMM Measurement
- In process inspection
- Final inspection
- First article inspection
- Metallurgy analysis
- Nonconformance reporting
- Continuous improvement
- 8D / problem solving
- Internal and external auditing
- Change control management
- Calibration control
- Environmental control
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The qualifications you will achieve are:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma Developmental Knowledge
- Level 3 Diploma Developmental Competence
- Training will be undertaken in the workplace and at Tameside College
- First year of training will require 2 days day release per week
- Second and Third years will require one day day release per week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to move into other quality roles / management positions (Quality Administrator, Environmental Quality Engineer, Quality Engineer, Senior Quality Engineer, Quality Manager, Deputy Head of Quality and Divisional Head of Quality).
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Science (Grade C) Desired
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.