Hairdressing Apprentice CARIBOU HAIR LTD
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate to gain professional training in a hardworking, award winning salon. Gain your Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship Standard. As part of your position you will be carrying out basic level 2 hairdressing on clients - colouring, cutting, blow-drying. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Tuesday, 9.00am - 7.00pm, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm and Saturday 8.30am - 2.00pm.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
28 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Daily tasks the successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Developing their level 3 work through shadowing stylists – watching and assisting balayage, reverse balayage, root melting and toning
- Stock ordering
- Reception Duties
- Dealing with customers
- Supporting fellow stylists
- Maintaining retail shelves
- Cleaning the salon and stations
- Social media promotion
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard in Hairdressing
- This apprenticeship consists of a mixture of off the job training and on the job mentoring and development within the workplace
- You will be expected to attend Cornwall College St Austell on a weekly basis for college workshops, and additional attendance if functional skills is required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Career progression - Opportunity to become a ‘Specialist’ within the salon – may it be hair extensions, balayage, blending, hair up. Once qualified stylists can develop their niche or go on to do level 3
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.