Accounts Apprentice HAINES WATTS TAMWORTH LIMITED
Do you want to start your career within bookkeeping and accounts? Haines are searching for their next apprentice! Working from the Tamworth office, you will complete a Level 3 AAT programme via Babington and will assist the team in the management and delivery of accounts preparation services for our clients including VAT work and ledgers.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Salary will be reviewed annually in April.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5:30pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Jun 2023
09 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity to gain your first role working for an organisation that looks to create an environment for learning and development opportunities tailored to you, You will benefit from an internal mentor and buddy system to support you through your career journey.
Your key tasks and responsibilities will include:
- Prepare income and expense analysis using the firm's cloud bookkeeping software
- Use data to prepare quarterly VAT returns
- Liaise with clients to complete filings and to answer any queries
- Reconcile purchases
- Sales and general ledger entries
- Prepare accounting schedules such as fixed asset registers
- Make postings using the firm's accounting and working papers software
- Prepare returns and other documents for filing with Companies House or HM Revenue and Customs as instructed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 AAT delivered via virtual learning platform and group learning workshop sessions via MS Teams
- 121 dedicated skills tutor for support
- Hard copies of AAT textbooks
- AAT exam booking and facilitation
- Functional Skills Level 2 can be provided and supported if required in maths and English
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent position and personal development programmes to support career growth opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
HAINES WATTS TAMWORTH LIMITED
97 LICHFIELD STREET
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.