Crop Technician Apprenticeship - Arable, Soil Based Burden Bros
A diverse company with lots to learn in different parts of agriculture, in a safe family environment. You will learn to work independently and as part of a team and have a mentor to learn from on a daily basis. You will be dealing with Crop Establishment and Vehicle Operation as part of your Crop Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 08 Sep 2023
Wages will be discussed at interview stage
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 7.00am - 3.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
28 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Throughout the apprenticeship, you will work through the following whilst also promoting and maintaining health & safety and security.
- Crop Management
- Maintenance & Preparation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Crop Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Training will be provided by North Kent College and will be delivered on a day release programme
- As your employer, we will provide guidance and support throughout the apprenticeship and a mentor will be assigned to you
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of your contracted hours, this is over the total duration of the apprenticeship training period
- Qualifications received on succesful passing of the apprenticeship will include; Level 2 Award in Safe use of Pesticides and 1 other unit (of your choosing) and Level 3 award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Apprentices must achieve Level 2 in English and maths prior to undertaking the End Point assesment for this apprenticeship, if they have not already achieved this
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of full time position upon successful completion of apprenticeship and a proven strong work ethic and commitment through training period
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4 / (C and above)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Old Rides Farm
NORTH KENT COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.