Apprentice Network Cable Installer (NCI) STRUCTURED NETWORKS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic individual. Do you want to join a rapidly growing company working with bespoke IT services/systems, Structured Networks Technology are a supplier of and installation experts in fibre, copper, wireless networks, server room environmental monitoring and infrastructure support services.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
17-18 - £6.60 per hour (Starting Salary of £13,728.00) 19-20 - £6.95 per hour 21-22 - £7.31 per hour 23 & Over - £8.13 per hour
Working week - Working hours will vary - 40 hours a week minimum (**) 0800 to 1700 - Typically But due to the nature of the business, you may work shifts or evenings where you will be paid at an increased rate of pay.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- IT Apprentices accompany a Senior Engineer each working day, assisting in the completion
of jobs including:
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Structured cabling
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Fibre Optic cabling
- Supply, Installation and Testing of Voice/Telephony cabling
- Designing, consulting and surveying Wireless installations
- Installation and deployment of WIFI networks
- Installation of Network switches/Routers/Firewalls
- Installation of Epos Systems and other active kit.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On successful completion you will gain the following:
Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 3 Award Certified Network Cable Installer (Copper)
Internationally and industry recognised BTEC Level 3 Award Certified Network Cable Installer (Optical Fibre)
Official Certified Network Cable Installer (CNCI®) certification
Internal: Internationally and industry recognised Level 4 BTEC Professional Award Certified Integrated Infrastructure Technician and Official Certified Integrated Infrastructure Technician (CIIT®) certification
- Locations include
- Dudley College of Technology
- Northern College – Barnsley, South Yorkshire
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Future prospects
Likely to be offered permanent position with the company.
We have opportunities to provide further training and technical experience in the following in the
• Working on Live LAN’s – Switch/ Router experience
• Wi-Fi Connectivity, installing and connecting to NOC Remote Services
• Migration of WAN/LAN on campus sites
• Knowledge of routers and switches, with a preference to be trained up
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
STRUCTURED NETWORKS TECHNOLOGY LIMITED
3 Worsley Court
High Street, Worsley
CNET TRAINING LIMITED
Network cable installer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.