Apprentice Outdoor Activity Instructor PEAK ACTIVITY SERVICES LTD
We are looking for aspiring Outdoor Instructors that are passionate about outdoor activities and helping others reach their ‘peak’. This is a great opportunity for ambitious and motivated individuals to immerse themselves into the outdoor industry and gain a Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor qualification alongside invaluable hands-on experience.
Closing date: 03 Jun 2023
Due to the variation of our activities and changing customer requirements our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days are normally approximately 8 hours and include weekend and bank holiday working. Shifts and times TBC.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Putting safety first.
- Planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality activities and/or training in line with Safety Management Procedures and Best Practice.
- Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience.
- Promoting and enabling social development opportunities.
- Being aware of the importance of the centre remaining budget focused.
- Being ‘At Your Peak’ delivering a high level of customer service.
- Maximising sales of centre specific products, merchandise and refreshments.
- Active maintenance of equipment and facilities to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff.
- Contribute towards the development of physical resources (buildings, land and equipment as appropriate).
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Standard
- Highfield Functional Skills Level 2 in maths and English (if necessary)
- Bespoke training programme that meets the standard criteria and is suitable to the employer and the requirements for the role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time employment at Peak
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Archery (Grade Pass) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Bush craft (Grade Pass) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent High Ropes (Grade Pass) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Paddle Sports (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
PEAK ACTIVITY SERVICES LTD
SPORT STRUCTURES EDUCATION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.