Teaching Assistant with PE Specialism Apprentice Milverton Primary School
Milverton is a very friendly school, inclusive of all and we pride ourselves on this. We have a relaxed atmosphere, no school uniform. The children are respectful and happy coming here. We are offering the opportunity to gain this qualification through working with an experienced team of teachers and also experienced sports coaches.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
Opportunity to boost salary by working in before and after school clubs.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday 9.00am - 3.30pm.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Typical day as a PE Teaching Assistant:
- Supporting children with additional needs for English and Maths in the morning
- Playground duties
- Lunchtime duty
- Afternoon, working and learning from Sports Coaches employed by us
- Helping organise clubs, ordering sports equipment.
- Keeping sports areas tidy
- Helping out at sports events around the area
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
- PE Technical Certificate
- 4 Additional day courses with HOET
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Previous apprentices have gone on to work for the coaching team employed by us. One has gone on to train successfully to be a teacher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent PE (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
Milverton Primary School
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.