Apprentice Outdoor Activity Instructor PEAK ACTIVITY SERVICES LTD - Astbury Watersports Centre
We are looking for aspiring Outdoor Instructors that are passionate about outdoor activities and helping others reach their ‘peak’. This is a great opportunity for ambitious and motivated individuals to immerse themselves into the outdoor industry and gain a Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor qualification alongside invaluable hands-on experience.
Closing date: 03 Jun 2023
Due to the variation of our activities and changing customer requirements our working day is of a flexible nature. Working days are normally approximately 8 hours and include weekend and bank holiday working. Shifts and times to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Nov 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Putting safety first
- Planning, preparation and delivery of high-quality activities and/or training in line with Safety Management Procedures and Best Practice
- Delivery of activities for which you hold the appropriate qualifications, or for which you have been in-house assessed, and assisting alongside staff of a relevant level of qualification or experience
- Promoting and enabling social development opportunities
- Being aware of the importance of the centre remaining budget focused
- Being ‘At Your Peak’ delivering a high level of customer service
- Maximising sales of centre specific products, merchandise and refreshments
- Active maintenance of equipment and facilities to ensure the ongoing safety of clients and staff
- Contribute towards the development of physical resources (buildings, land and equipment as appropriate)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Standard
- Highfield Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English (if necessary)
- Bespoke training programme that meets the standard criteria and is suitable to the employer and the requirements for the role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time employment at Peak.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) or above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Archery (Grade Pass) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Bush craft (Grade Pass) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent High Ropes (Grade Pass) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent Paddle Sports (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
PEAK ACTIVITY SERVICES LTD - Astbury Watersports Centre
Astbury Watersports Centre
SPORT STRUCTURES EDUCATION COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.