Apprentice Estimator FP MCCANN LIMITED
To undertake the tasks involved within the estimating process, including - measuring and doing take off's to producing quotations for external customers. An Estimator is required to produce quotations, against which a customer will place an order. A quotation contains a list of products and the cost for supplying these products.
Closing date: 26 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
27 Jun 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Initially you will spend time learning about the products we sell
- When you are confident with the products we offer, you will be shown how to review drawings provided by customers. In the case of flooring, you will be looking at customers floor plans and identifying where our precast flooring product is required
- Once confident with reviewing drawings, you’ll be shown how to collate quotations, using our bespoke computer software, from here you will start to complete your own quotations under the guidance of a mentor
- You will also attend college on day release to broaden your knowledge and skills
- As you become more experienced in the role, you will be responsible for producing and managing multiple quotations whilst also learning how to convert an enquiry to an order. Whilst still supported you will have less reliance on your mentor
- You will also be introduced to other areas of the department with involvement in design, planning and production to broaden your overall knowledge
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Construction Support Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- One day at DCG and the rest of the week at the work place
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There are excellent opportunities for progression within the company, with a strong focus on continued learning and personal development
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
FP MCCANN LIMITED
Construction support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.