Stell require an apprentice who will be trained and mentored by our engineering team. Maintaining the safety, integrity and effective operation of plant and equipment in industries that are part of the national infrastructure engineering sector, such as electricity generating, oil and gas refining and pharmaceuticals.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2023
£10,707.84 to £21,131.76
Apprentices salary will be in line with the Minimum Living Wage at the time.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
04 Nov 2023
03 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Observing health and safety procedures
- Participating in as many learning opportunities as possible
- Working within our engineering department, being trained in all aspects of multi skilled engineering and also learning about other aspects and areas of the company
- Completing all college related work and tasks and any other required evaluations
- Positively receiving feedback
- Building professional relationships with colleagues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- We will support and coach the apprentice through the apprenticeship standard. We will carry out both curriculum and pastoral care. We will carry out the skills development workshop days off site. We will oversee the teaching and learning around the knowledge, behaviours and skills elements of the qualifications, outlined below. We will manage the apprentice’s OneFile account ensuring targets, milestones and deadlines are achieved
Mode of delivery:
- To attend Keighley College on a day release basis over the first 36 months alongside observations and assessments carried out in the work place. An assessor will visit the place of work every 6-8 weeks
- Supporting Qualifications to be achieved throughout the apprenticeship
- EAL Level 3 NVQ Extended Diploma in Engineering Maintenance
- Pathway: EMA Mechanical
- EAL Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Functional Skills (If required)
- Maths, English at level 2 - On line resources – workbooks. Attending weekly workshops
- There will be a mandatory three-part holistic end-point assessment starting no earlier than three months before the planned end of programme
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential full-time job upon completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
About the employer
LUMINATE EDUCATION GROUP
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.