Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship at Axminster Community Primary Academy ACORN MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
We have an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice at Axminster Community Primary Academy to complete a recognised Teaching Assistant Level 3 Qualification whilst also learning to work within a school environment and have a real impact on children's lives. You will supervise and provide support and guidance for pupils and provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher.
Closing date: 07 Jun 2023
This role is term time only and therefore the advertised salary is pro-rata based on the term-time only nature of this role.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday term time only 8.30am -4.30pm
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are particularly excited to be in a position to be recruiting apprentices across the school. This will give our new apprentices the opportunity to be able to work alongside fellow apprentices, sharing practice and supporting each other.
We are lucky to be part of a multi academy trust with six other schools, so there are opportunities to visit other schools in the trust, learning from other settings and professionals.
Join an amazing team making our schools and classrooms supportive, enriching places where vulnerable children and young people achieve far more than they ever expected. Learners will build an advanced understanding of how to provide quality teaching and how to influence and support learners.
Some of the areas of development include:
- Contributing to the implementation of learning activities
- Evaluating the performance of lesson plans and how to improve for the future
- Working independently in teaching group and individual activities
- Working in partnership with teachers to help support and deliver lesson plans and objectives
Duties will include:
- Supervise and provide support and guidance for pupils
- Working with individuals or small groups of children under the direction of teaching staff
- Establish and maintain a positive relationship with pupils
- Support the use of ICT in the classroom and help to develop pupils competence and independence in its use
- Establish constructive relationships with parents/carers
- Provide feedback to pupils in relation to attainment and progress under the guidance of the teacher
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of children with special needs within the classroom ensuring access to lessons and their content through appropriate clarification, explanation and resources
- To respect confidentiality at all times
- Attend relevant school meetings as required
- Assist with escorting pupils on educational visits
- To attend to pupils personal needs including help with social, welfare and health matters, including minor first aid
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Teaching Assistant.
Functional Skills in English and maths Level 2 if required.
End Point Assessment: Practical workplace observation; Q&A session; Professional Discussion.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the apprenticeship there would be opportunities for permanent employment as a teaching assistant either in Axminster or in one of the other 6 schools in Acorn Multi Academy Trust.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ACORN MULTI ACADEMY TRUST
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.