Apprentice Dental Nurse CAMDEN PLACE DENTAL IMPLANT CENTRE LTD
This vacancy is for an Apprentice Dental Nurse based in Preston. As an Apprentice Dental Nurse, you will help the dentist in performing any type of dental care treatment and processes.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Mon - Thurs - 08:00 - 17:00 Fri - 08:00 - 16:00
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
10 Jul 2023
28 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties within this role include:
- Assist the dentist/therapist/hygienist during all clinical procedures.
- Carry out and be responsible for all Health and Safety and Cross Infection policies and procedures within the dental surgery.
- Assist the dentist during all clinical procedures in the surgery which will include fillings, root canal treatment, bridge crown and denture preparation and extractions.
- Assessments, this may also include minor oral surgery.
- Assist the hygienist with scale and polish and oral health promotion plus charting and periodontal assessments.
- Record and store notes, charting, medical history and radiographs on either paper based or computerised systems.
- Reception duties which include answering the telephone, greeting patients, making appointments and recording them correctly on the system.
- Disposing of all waste correctly, including clinical, sharps, specialist, amalgam, and normal domestic.
- Assisting with the preparation of the patient and equipment during the taking of x-rays and processing and storing all images.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Functional Skills Level 2 in Maths and English.
- First Aid.
- Preparation for the end point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time Dental Nurse position, Sedation and Implant nurse training.
Upon completion of the Level 3 qualification, you will be an experienced and qualified dental nurse, and as such you can continue building up skills that will always be in demand. Career breaks and part time working are often possible.
You may take on more responsibilities as a trainer for other dental nurses or move into a management role within your dental practice, or decide to apply for a course to qualify as a dental hygienist or therapist.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CAMDEN PLACE DENTAL IMPLANT CENTRE LTD
6 CAMDEN PLACE
TRAINING 2000 LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.