Apprentice Barber - The Mens Room Catterick The Mens Room
The purpose of the role is to carry out barber services in a professional environment. After training a barber will be able to shampoo and condition hair, cut hair using barbering techniques, style and finish hair, cut facial hair and carry out shaving services.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
5 days a week, including weekends and one evening shift, days and shifts TBC. Inclusive of 1 day release study at Darlington College.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
26 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties and responsibilities to be undertaken would include –
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Meeting and greeting clients in the salon
- Answering the telephone
- Making appointments and taking payments
- Client care
- Assist other stylists in the salon
Training will be ongoing to be able to carry out the following duties –
- Shampoo and condition hair and scalp
- Cut hair using barbering techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish men’s hair
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Shaving services
N.B. This job description is designed to give you an overall view of the job and is not a definitive list of tasks.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing/Barbering)
- Functional skills if required
- Location: The Mens Room at Catterick
- 40hrs per week, 5 days a week including 1 day release for study at Darlington College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This could lead to a long term position for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
The Mens Room
4 HILDYARD ROW
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.