Information Technology Communication apprenticeship EDEN LEARNING TRUST
An exciting and unique opportunity has become available for an apprentice at Tanfield School. The successful candidate will work as part of a professional team to deliver an effective IT support provision within the school. Work is extremely varied and will provide a great opportunity to build and develop a multitude of skills in the IT sector.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Mon-Thurs 8-4pm Friday 8 – 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
27 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing hardware and software support for staff and students
- Preparing and maintaining IT equipment throughout the school
- Management of devices including security, updates, and repairs
- Software tasks including installation of applications, upgrades, fault finding
- Contribute to planning and development of IT systems, policies, and procedures
- Ensuring equipment is clean, undamaged, and in working order
- Inspecting and maintaining or reporting equipment in line with Health and Safety regulations
- First line support in identifying faults and on-site repair
- Using a helpdesk system to report and monitor requests/faults
- Configuring up and maintaining users
- Booking IT facilities, including rooms and portable equipment
- Assisting with installation works e.g. data and electrical installation etc.
- Maintain a library of IT documentation
- Maintain the door security system and staff passes
- Update and maintain school website contents
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Information Communication Technician Level 3 standard
- Functional Skill Level 2
- Functional Skill Maths Level 2
- All training will be delivered in the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- For the right candidate there is the possibility of permanent employment at the end of the apprenticeship, and the chance to continue higher education with the school’s support
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths and English (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EDEN LEARNING TRUST
Tanfield Lea Road
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.