Nursery Assistant Apprentice New Life Day Care
New Life Day Care are looking for someone who is passionate about working in childcare as you will be contributing a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the setting. You will give support to other personnel within the setting and implement the daily routine in each room.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday, hours to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
26 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities:
- To contribute to a planned programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Uphold standards within the setting by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Strive to safeguard children by working to SLN’S safeguarding Code of Conduct
- To attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents/carers evenings etc.
- To be flexible within the working practices of setting
- Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the setting, e.g. preparation of snacks, meals, cleaning of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind New Life Nursery is fulfilled
- Recording accidents in the accident book (if you have paediatric first aid) and ensure the manager/deputy has initialled the report before the parent receives it
- Look upon the setting as a "whole" i.e. where can your help be most utilised
- Be constantly aware of the needs of children
- Ensure each child is collected by someone known to the setting
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker
Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing
- Washing and changing children as required
- Providing comfort and warmth to an ill child
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Early Years Educator at Stockton Riverside College.
- Functional skills maths & English, if required.
- Paediatric first aid.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
An opportunity for a full-time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
About the employer
New Life Day Care
52/54 LOW GRANGE AVENUE
THE EDUCATION TRAINING COLLECTIVE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.