Nursery Practitioner Apprentice WOODLANDS SCHOOLS LIMITED
The Nursery Apprentice will support with all aspects of caring for children including washing, changing, feeding. The apprentice will assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children whilst encouraging an atmosphere of co-operation and respect. The apprentice will complete Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2023
Apprenticeship salary. This will depend on your age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
26 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Learning and developing practical skills
- Provide high quality care and activities for children which recognise both individual and group requirements in a secure, safe, and stimulating environment
- Organise activities inside and outside the nursery to encourage creativity, development, coordination, independence, self-expression, and learning through play
- Participate in the key person system and be responsible for a group of children
- Work in partnership with parents and carers, recognising that parents are their children's first educators
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers
- Be aware of child protection issues and follow our safeguarding policy as well as our procedures
- Work in partnership with other early years professionals and outside agencies
- Prepare and serve food, drink, and snacks to children, encouraging good nutrition and sociable eating
- Carry out on-going cleaning of the nursery
- Carry out health and safety checks as required to ensure the provision is tidy, safe, clean, and secure for children, staff, parents/carers and visitors
- Ensure effective planning, assessment, and record keeping for children, using the EYFS curriculum for guidance
- Ensure the children's key files are kept up to date
- Demonstrate inclusive practice and positive behaviour management techniques
- Upload and carry out the duties of the post with due regard to our equality and inclusion policies
- Be prepared to work in any area/room within the nursery as required by the manager or deputy
- Undertake any other duties appropriate to the grade and character of the work as may reasonably be required by the Nursery
- Maintain a positive attitude at all times with children, parents, carers, visitors, and work colleagues
- Ensure that a polite, courteous and helpful attitude is demonstrated at all times to the children, their parents, and the other staff members
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This apprenticeship is work based and therefore training will take place at the workplace
- The successful candidate will have gained an Early Years Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship with Vocational Training Services after successful completion
- Functional Skills English and maths will also be completed if required
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The applicant would be expected to remain in our employment for at least one year
- To be employed by Woodlands and train to be an outstanding nursery practitioner
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade (A*-C or 9-4)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
WOODLANDS SCHOOLS LIMITED
428 RAYLEIGH ROAD
VOCATIONAL TRAINING SERVICES CARE SECTOR LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.