Apprentice Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician - Shaftesbury, Dorset MELBURY VEHICLE SERVICE LTD
Light Vehicle Service and Maintenance apprentices service and repair light vehicles such as cars up to 3.5 tonnes. You will be trained in all areas of vehicle mechanics and electronics, from engine and exhaust systems to air conditioning and security features. Expect a high-quality training package with excellent career prospects.
Closing date: 15 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Typically 8.30am - 17.30pm Monday to Friday, Sat 8.30-12.30
Total hours per week: 44
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
17 Jun 2023
25 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Finding and identifying mechanical faults, for example in the brakes, gears or fuel pumps
- Checking for problems in newer vehicles with testing equipment connected to the vehicle's electronic control unit (ECU)
- Carrying out repairs, which could include replacing damaged parts
- Carrying out routine servicing and checks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Our training partner will deliver a high-quality Level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician programme here in our bodyshop.
- No college attendance required.
- You will work alongside a highly skilled mentor who will support you in becoming a skilled and qualified technician
- Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) (level 3)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of responsibility including a Service Manager, Master Technician and Dealership Principles. The opportunities are endless.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
About the employer
MELBURY VEHICLE SERVICE LTD
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.