Mechanical and Electrical Engineering Technician Apprentice CORNELSEN LTD
The apprenticeship involves the assembly, installation, commissioning and servicing of remediation and filtration systems. The role therefore, involves assisting our experienced technicians in different sectors. Due to our customer base spanning the UK and Europe, there will often be hotel stays; all travel and expenditure is met by the company.
Closing date: today
8.30 am - 5.00pm. Days TBC. Lunch break, and a short morning and afternoon break. Some site work may have variable hours depending on the clients working routine. Overtime is sometimes offered.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
10 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Mechanical fitting & repair of a variety of components
- Electrical / control panel maintenance, automation maintenance
- Installation (on sites) of pipework, wiring, and plant items
- Commissioning of systems
- Fabrication / build of systems (at workshop base)
- As this is an apprentice role you will be expected to work alongside experienced technicians, undertaking more duties by yourself as you become competent to do so
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineer Technician Level 3
- During the first year you will have 3 and a half days a week in college. After your first year your college days will be reduced to 1 a week
- You will be given some time of your working week dedicated to your apprentice study, or off-the-job training, to carry out self-supported study, compiling your portfolio or completing work set by your assessor
- Assessor visits to the workplace once the workshops have finished to prepare you for your End Point Assessment
- If you have not already achieved a C/4 + in both maths and English (or equivalent) and cannot provide evidence in the form of a certificate, you will also need to achieve Functional skills at Level 2, in both numeracy and literacy. This will include sitting an exam
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for a full time job offer, however this is not guaranteed.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering Level 2 (Grade PASS +) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SOUTHFIELD ROAD TRADING ESTATE
WESTON COLLEGE OF FURTHER AND HIGHER EDUCATION
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.