Early Years Apprenticeship THE SECRET GARDEN NURSERY
The Secret Garden Day Nursery and Pre-school are currently recruiting for an Early Years apprentice to join their expanding, enthusiastic team. The Secret Garden Day Nursery offer high-quality training and a wealth of experience in the childcare industry, which they are eager to share with the successful applicant.
Closing date: 19 Jun 2023
£211.20 per week, based on a 40 hour week. Any overtime above the 40 hours per week, will be paid at the appropriate national minimum wage depending on age.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
The successful candidate will be working 40 hours per week between Monday and Friday.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
25 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supervising the children’s play time.
- Engaging children in learning and play activities.
- Keeping and updating records.
- Helping to organise playtime activities, and planning and assisting in projects for games and exercise sessions.
- Take part in art and craft activities.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Apprenticeship includes:
- Level 2 or 3 Early Years Standard (Level dependant on experience)
- Most aspects of the qualification and training will be delivered at your workplace where you will be supported throughout your training by your employer.
- You will have regular visits every 6 to 12 weeks from your designated assessor who will help you, and monitor your progression throughout your apprenticeship.
- As an additional qualification you will also achieve Emergency and Paediatric First Aid, and a Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of your qualification, you will have the opportunity to develop your skills, experience and knowledge further within the working environment.
The employer is very committed to staff development and training, and to assist the successful apprentice to progress through all their training, with a view to future employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Other Mathematics GCSE (Grade A* - C (equivalent to 4-9)) Desired
About the employer
THE SECRET GARDEN NURSERY
3 BARTON VILLAS
SKILLS TO GROUP LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.