Apprentice Computer Support Specialist CACTUS BACK UP LTD
Are you the person who people turn to if they have a computer problem? We are looking for an all-rounder who has a gift for IT and great telephone manner. Your role will be to monitor and maintain the IT network and computer systems of a growing customer base. You will gain a broad range of industry experience in a small but professional team.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Minimum apprenticeship wage will be paid initially, reviewed after 6 months depending on age and experience
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Days of the week: Monday - Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
25 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your role as computer support specialist includes the following tasks:
- Logging and responding to customer queries by phone, email and chat
- Installing and configuring computer systems
- Diagnosing and solving hardware and software problems
- Maintaining and updating information about customers' IT environments
- Working with team members to support customers on-site
- Following up with customers to ensure SLAs are met
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- This is an Advanced Apprenticeship Standard for an Information Communications Technician at Level 3
- It will include a combination of on and off-the-job training in the workplace
- You will have monthly mentoring and guidance at work from a Craven College Learning and Development Advisor alongside weekly college attendance
- After 18 months, you will be invited to undertake an End Point Assessment, conducted by an assessor from an external End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO) to complete your apprenticeship
More information on course content and assessment methods will be discussed at interview.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Opportunity to move into a full-time position and grow with the business
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math & English (Grade A*- C or 9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.