Receptionist/Administration Assistant Apprentice Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
A large secondary school based in Washington who require a enthusiastic and outgoing apprentice to join our team. For the right candidate, this is an ideal opportunity to learn from an experienced team. You will be supporting all areas of the school with administration and learning some valuable skills to support any future career decisions.
Closing date: 23 Jun 2023
£244.20 per week £6.60 per hour
Between 8.30am – 4.30pm Monday- Thursday and 8.30am – 4pm Friday
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
26 Jun 2023
24 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
St Robert of Newminster Catholic School & Sixth Form College have an exciting opportunity for someone to join their administration team. The successful person will provide administrative support in order to meet the needs of the school. You will play a crucial role in the smooth running of the main school office and provide support to all areas of school administration.
- Answering and directing incoming calls or taking appropriate messages and forwarding these to the necessary persons. Respond promptly to concerns from parents, staff or students.
- Make outgoing calls, for example to arrange meetings or to obtain / relay information.
- Greeting visitors to the school and ensuring they are registered correctly. Provide all visitors with a visitor’s badge, safeguarding and health and safety information.
- Answering student, parent, and staff queries either in person or over the phone.
- Manage the Admin Office and Info Mailboxes.
- Dealing with all incoming and outgoing post for the school, including examination post. This will also include franking outgoing mail and recording the associated expenditure.
- Preparing and proofreading letters and organising the distribution to relevant staff, students and parents. Upload letters onto the school website if necessary.
- General use of office equipment such as scanning, photocopying, shredding, filing.
- Maintain paper based and electronic data, documentation, filing and archiving systems, ensuring GDPR and Data Protection compliance in all record keeping procedures.
- Collating and processing overtime claims from across the school on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the maintaining the Single Central Record.
- To assist with recruitment and HR tasks.
- Maintain staff and school calendars.
- Book and manage the school minibuses.
- Book rooms for visitors, meetings and staff in school.
- Book Taxis for students, staff and visitors as required.
- Assist in arranging hospitality for meetings in school as requested.
- Assist with interview logistics, taking candidates to interview rooms etc.
- Provide assistance in other administration team.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required).
- End-Point Assessment (EPA).
Training delivered by Access Training through a mixture of projects, training workshops and one to one support.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On completion of the role, there may be an opportunity for a permanent role within the school or within the Trust.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Bishop Wilkinson Catholic Education Trust
ACCESS TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.