Light Vehicle Apprentice - Exeter Vospers Motor House Ltd
You will be working alongside qualified technicians where you will be trained in all aspects of the maintenance and repair of light vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to earn a salary and gain a level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 31 Jul 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday-Friday 09:00-17:00 (Saturdays may be included)
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
24 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity for the apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever-changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle maintenance
- Observing and assisting technicians
- Light vehicle technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) Level 3.
Before the Standard is met, all apprentices must hold a certificate that meets the EU’s 2014 F-gas regulation.
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle) / Institute for Apprenticeships and Technical Education
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full-time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority including a Master Technician.
- The opportunities are endless
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, apprentices can go on to develop their career within specific interests they may have.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Vospers Motor House Ltd
5 Matford Way
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.