Engineering Workshop Technician Apprentice MacTech Europe Limited
The role is to maintain Mactech Europe's range of portable on-site machining equipment. This will be a workshop-based role under supervision and will entail mechanical fitting practices, some machine tool use with training and experience of cutting tool use, application and geometry reinstatement. You will complete a Level 3 MOET apprenticeship.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2023
£5.50 for probationary period 13 weeks rising to £6.50 after successful completion of probationary period.
Monday to Friday 8:30am to 5.00pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
26 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Your duties and responsibilities will include:
• Preventative maintenance
• Maintenance and preparation of tools ready for shipping
• Contracting tool sets and equipment
• Safety and equipment checks
• Tool cutting / sharpening
• Dealing with Suppliers and external contractors
• Ability to drive would be advantageous
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Full training to be provided with 1 day a week release to Macclesfield College.
- Maintenance & Operations Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Performance and Engineering Operations
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful competition of the apprenticeship and subject to the company’s operating requirements at that time, you may be offered a permanent role in the engineering department.
At the end of the apprenticeship, there may be extensive opportunities to move into other areas of the business, including international travel and offshore working.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MacTech Europe Limited
EATON BANK TRADING ESTATE
Maxim Business Training
Maintenance and operations engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.