Manufacturing Apprentice CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
The die making department make the huge die moulds for the pressure cast machines. Dies are made out of resin and must be made with exact precision with pipe feeds for the air, water and slip (liquid clay) to enter the die and form the ware.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2023
Wages will be £6.36 p/h, rising to £7.37 after 3 months of good performance. Wage rises are directly related to performance, attendance and behaviour.
Week 1 Monday - Thursday 6.00am - 2.30pm and Friday 6.00am - 1.30pm. Week 2 Monday - Thursday 7.30am - 4.00pm and Friday 6.30am - 2.00pm.
Total hours per week: 42
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The day to day role will be the production of Dies for the pressure-casting machines to produce Churchill ware. You will also:
- Develop your skills across the board
- Apply efficient ways of working to improve productivity
- Work as a team to meet individual and company targets
- Be responsible for the maintenance of your own work station
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing
- Functional Skills Level 1, work towards Level 2
- Training from mentor and in house training from Axia every 6 weeks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent post with Churchill
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
No.1 Marlborough Way
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.