Pressure Cast Tool Setter Manufacturing Apprentice CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
The Pressure Cast department create ware in clay using robots. The robots contain huge moulds called dies. The role includes understanding how the robots work, changing the dies, fitting the pipes into the dies that feed the slip (liquid clay), air and water. You will also learn how to find faults and change the programming to overcome problems.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2023
Wages will be £6.36 p/h, rising to £7.37 after 3 months of good performance. Wage rises are directly related to performance, attendance and behaviour.
Monday – Thursday 6am – 2pm, or 7am – 3pm, or 8am – 4pm Friday, finish 1 hour earlier
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
26 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working the the Pressure Cast robots daily, setting them up, managing them through the production process and identifying issues and problems (as well as solutions!) You will also:
- Develop your skills across the board
- Apply efficient ways of working to improve productivity
- Work as a team to meet individual and company targets
- Be responsible for the maintenance of your own work station
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing
- Functional Skills Level 1, work towards Level 2
- Training from mentor and in house training from Axia every 6 weeks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent post with Churchill
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
No.1 Marlborough Way
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.