Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprentice at Bruton Primary School, Bruton Bruton Primary School
We are looking for a dedicated, enthusiastic apprentice to work with us and begin their career in education. You will support the teacher in the classroom, assisting where necessary with preparation and clearing away of the classroom and materials to ensure effective teaching and helping the children to be the best they can.
Closing date: 07 Jun 2023
This role is term time only and therefore the advertised salary is pro-rata based on the term-time only nature of this role.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 8.30am - 3.30pm, term time only.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Our Apprentice Teaching Assistant will work alongside teachers in the classroom, helping pupils to get the most out of their learning.
Duties will include:
- Provide teaching support in small groups and where necessary be assigned to individual pupils in order to aid the teacher
- Liaise with the teacher to understand the objectives of each session
- Assist the teacher with observations and monitoring of the progress of children, both educationally and socially
- Keep up to date written records for supported pupils
- Promote positive behaviour patterns, raise self-esteem, and improve independent working in children to assist their education and growth
- Make materials and resources for teachers or pupils as directed by the class teacher, and assist where necessary with mounting of work and displays
- Assist where necessary with preparation and clearing away of the classroom and materials to ensure effective teaching
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills in English and maths Level 2 if required
- End Point Assessment: Practical workplace observation, Q&A session, Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to full time role for the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Bruton Primary School
SOMERSET SKILLS & LEARNING CIC
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.