Lithographing Manufacturing Apprentice CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
The Lithographing department transfers designs/prints and business logos onto Churchill ware using lithographs and water (a bit like a child's transfer tattoo). You'll benefit from experience and on-the-job training from experienced lithographers whilst also learning the principles of lean manufacturing. Work as a team to meet individual and company targets. Be responsible for the maintenance of your own work station.
Closing date: 30 Jul 2023
Wages will be £6.36 p/h, rising to £7.37 after 3 months of good performance. Wage rises are directly related to performance, attendance and behaviour.
Monday – Thursday, 7.15am – 4.00pm Friday, 7.15am - 3.00pm
Total hours per week: 42
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The day-to-day job of a lithographer is using a number of different tools and techniques to apply high quality prints onto Churchill ware. As an apprentice, you will be doing the following duties, but not limited to:
- Developing your skills across the board
- Apply efficient ways of working to improve productivity
- Work as a team to meet individual and company targets
- Be responsible for the maintenance of your own work station
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprenticeship Standard Level 2
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing
- Functional Skills Level 1, work towards Level 2
- Training from mentor and in house training from Axia every 6 weeks
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the right candidate could progress to be offered a full-time role with Churchill
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
CHURCHILL CHINA (UK) LIMITED
No.1 Marlborough Way
AXIA SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.