Composite Engineering Apprentice MULTIMATIC CFT LIMITED
Multimatic CFT is looking for motivated and reliable individuals to join its growing team as a Composite Engineering Apprentice. This is a great opportunity to start a career within this unique and exciting industry duties can include, Composite materials, Pre-preg laminating and Tool manufacture. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 16 Jun 2023
7.09 Per Hour
Monday - Friday, 7.00am - 3.30pm
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
04 Sep 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Due to continued growth MCFT is now looking to recruit committed and driven Apprentices to join our highly skilled team. This is a great opportunity to work within the Composites Industry and gain real hands on experience.
Within this role you will gain exposure to all aspects involved with the day to day running of a fast-developing Engineering company.
Training to include but not limited to:
- Composite materials
- Pre-preg laminating
- Tool manufacture
- Autoclave & Oven use
- Vacuum bagging
- Understanding programing using CAD / CAM
- Operating of 3, 4 & 5 axis milling machines
- CNC lathe and other associated machine shop equipment
- Using Solidworks CAD to engineer tooling solutions for machine fixturing and component part manufacture
Rapid prototyping techniques:
- Operation and use of 3D printing systems
- Learn to use various hand tools & understand bench fitting techniques
- Train to read technical drawings and understand CAD models
- Learn basic principles of engineering
- Work to and understand MCFT company quality management system ISO 9001:2015
- Learn, understand & implement Health & Safety legislation as it applies in the workplace
- Be responsible for cleanliness and housekeeping in the workplace
In addition to these functions and where appropriate, Apprentices will be required to carry out other duties as may be reasonably requested
You will also be committed to maintaining a log book and ensure all assignments are up to date for monthly reviews.
Your continual progression will be supported throughout your Apprenticeship working with highly skilled experienced Composite Technicians & Engineers to become a valued member of the team.
This is a highly skilled trade that requires someone with commitment and dedication to learn and progress.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 1 Functional Skills maths
- Level 1 Functional Skills English
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We take continuous professional development seriously and we are committed to ensure each individual performs at their best and develops their potential for future roles. A successful candidate can expect potential future employment upon completion of this Apprenticeship
- This Apprenticeship provides an excellent opportunity for a committed, hardworking and enthusiastic individual and could provide the foundations of a long term career within the organisation
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
MULTIMATIC CFT LIMITED
601/602 Gateway 11 Business Park
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.