Apprentice Office Services Administrator Ashtons Legal
Our office services and facilities team are in place to support all of our colleagues with the day-to-day running of the office, enabling them to deliver a smooth service to our clients. You will be responsible for delivering front of house services, postal and admin tasks, health and safety, first aid, and manual handling tasks.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Monday – Friday 09:00 – 17:00 (sometimes will be required to work 08:30 – 16:30 or 09:30 – 17:30, however this will be agreed with you in advance).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
03 Jul 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Central Admin Service is a central hub in place to provide invaluable admin support to our divisions.
On a daily basis, you will be responsible for:
- Sorting incoming post, scanning and distributing the post to the correct teams and groups
- Preparing outgoing post ready for collection at the designated time
- Franking of our mail, making sure all couriered and DX items are signed for and dealt with correctly
- Ensuring that any cross office post is ready for collection at the designated time
- Resolving, as far as possible, the owner of any unclaimed mail
- Providing photocopying and binding services when requested to all the teams, taking ownership of each reprographics job produced and ensure end users are informed about the production of their work and that deadlines are met. Quality checking all work completed
- Scanning of all documents, including the preparation of electronic and hard copy court bundles and bibles
- PDF amendments
Filing, Archiving and Retrieval:
- Assisting the team with archiving, sending and retrieving boxes as needed
- On occasion, you may be asked to assist with file destruction at our site in Gorse
- Document management including the maintenance and timely updating of paper files and appropriate online filing systems, creating electronic files on the relevant systems where this isn’t in place
- Maintaining sufficient stationery supplies and their distribution to each office at the request of the location based office services assistant
- Providing reception duties for client meetings, including organising refreshments for meetings when necessary
- Ensuring equipment required for client and internal meetings is set up and tested ahead of time
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English to be taken if an equivalent grade has not been achieved
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Progression to non-apprentice role within the team, and possibility of career progression of other roles may become available
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 2/C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Long Barn
Fornham Business Court
Bury St. Edmunds
W S TRAINING LTD.
The Apprenticeship Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.