SHEET METAL WELDING APPRENTICE RILMAC FABRICATION LIMITED
The apprenticeship will involve gaining experience in using a wide range of machinery at Rilmac Fabrication Ltd. Within you position you will be Interpreting engineering drawings, to aid you in the manufacture of sheet metal fabrications and TIG and MIG welding to a high standard. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 5.00pm, may work evenings and weekends.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Jul 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Pattern development
- Sheet metal fabrication of galvanised steel and stainless steel
- Installation work out on site
- To cut, bend, weld and install sheet parts and large fabrications
- Learning to use CAD software
- Use of plasma cutters and bending/forming equipment
- Taking part in learning and development activities
- All other associated duties as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The apprentice will undertake on-the-job training to achieve the above tasks alongside attending college to complete a Metal fabricator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- The trainee will be working in the main factory building and will be managed by the Works Manager
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the first level, the apprentice will have the opportunity to proceed to a more advanced welding and fabrication qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above in Maths) Essential
About the employer
RILMAC FABRICATION LIMITED
Allenby Road Industrial Estate
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.