Poultry Production Apprentice LOOMBEST LTD
Want a great career in agriculture? If so this is an exciting opportunity to work in high tech poultry Broiler production. As an apprentice, you will support the day-to-day duties on a modern poultry site for the production of broiler chickens. Duties will include daily flock checks, husbandry procedures, biosecurity and bird population.
Closing date: 14 Jun 2023
Monday-Friday-7.00am-3.00pm Sat- 7.00am-12.00pm.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
22 Jun 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a poultry production apprentice, you will support the day to day duties on a modern poultry site for the production of broiler chickens.
You will work alongside the farm manager to develop the range of skills and knowledge to ensure the smooth running of the farm. Daily duties will include;
Possible duties could include;
• Daily flock checks and husbandry procedures
• Complete all record cards as required by farm manager
• Keep site clean and tidy
• Assist with bird placement and de-population
• Assist with minor farm maintenance
• Complete all daily tasks in line with company biosecurity
• Communicate any problems found to the farm manager
• Ensure compliance with the company health & safety policy
• Ensure the correct PPE is used for tasks undertaken
• Any other duties required by your manager
This will be a great environment for an apprentice looking to train and develop within the poultry industry.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This apprenticeship will be delivered solely in the work place over the duration of 12 months.
You will be required to attend one virtual lesson per month and will receive one-to-one support sessions once per month either in-person or virtually.
You will be studying towards the Level 2 Poultry Worker Apprenticeship Standard, this will include;
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Poultry Production
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills maths
- City & Guilds Level 1 Functional Skills English
- End Point Assesment
- 20% of your working hours will be off the job training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential full-time employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
POULTEC TRAINING LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.