Teaching Assistant Apprentice PELE TRUST
Pele Trust is looking for Teaching Assistants to work at Darras Hall Primary School. This is an excellent opportunity if you are interested in working with children. The role is challenging and varied and you will support the teacher in the classroom, working with groups or individuals, helping pupils to stay on task in order to make progress.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Working hours may be scheduled between Monday - Friday, 07:00 and 18:00. Full Year (including some school holidays). Shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
02 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Apprentices will be required to work alongside the teacher (in the following ways:
- Attend to the needs of pupils which may include hygiene and welfare needs
- Support children in their access of learning, helping them to understand instructions and stay on task
- Establish good relationships with pupils and act as a role model
- Prepare/clear the classroom
- Assist with class displays
- Assist with pupil behaviour during lessons, break and at out of school clubs
- Provide admin support
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Teaching Assistant Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- An experienced mentor will be assigned to provide day to day support and the Teaching Assistant qualification will be delivered by Gateshead College
- “Off the job” training which will be undertaken either in the workplace or, by agreement with the Headteacher, at home
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- At the end of the apprenticeship period, there may be opportunities for continued employment within Pele Trust although this will be wholly dependent on requirements and available funding
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
NEWCASTLE UPON TYNE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.