Early Years Apprentice ATELIER NURSERY LIMITED
Atelier is looking to recruit an Early Years Apprentice. This opportunity will offer you the opportunity to complete a work-based learning programme. Working with both the training provider and our in-house Training Manager you will be supported to develop the knowledge and skills required to complete a level 2 apprenticeship. Duties will include supporting children consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
Closing date: 01 Jul 2023
25 annual leave days (plus bank holidays) Company Pension scheme and regular incentives. Health & wellbeing support programme. Hot lunches. Company events. Bonus of £ 1000 for 5 years service. Discount childcare at any of our setting.
Monday to Friday, shift patterns are: Early Shift - 8:00am - 4:15pm Middle Shift - 9:00am - 5:15pm Late Shift - 9:45am - 6:00pm 45-minute lunch break per day
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Sep 2023
20 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an Apprentice, we see your role as the first step in your early years career, you will be working alongside our key people supporting a key family of mixed age children, gaining confidence in your role before becoming a key person to a small group of mixed age children.
- To provide a safe, caring, stimulating educational environment, both indoors and outdoors, always
- To attend staff meetings as and when required
- Contribute to curriculum planning and its evaluation
- Undertake learning opportunities across the seven areas of learning and development within the Early Years Foundation Stage adjusting them according to children’s responses and individual needs
- Establish productive working relationships with children, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Encourage children to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities
- Support children consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Promote the personal, social and emotional development of children and the development of high self-esteem
- Be actively involved in the day-to-day management of the learning environment and its resources for independent active learning including responsibility for the care and preparation of resources, equipment and materials as appropriate
- Assist with the development and maintenance of the “outdoor” environment and its activities
- Contribute to the overall ethos/ work/ aims of the nursery
Establish constructive relationships and communicate with team members
- To attend and participate in regular meetings to maintain personal and professional development to meet the challenging demands of the job, participate in further professional development as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship.
Functional skills maths and/or English if required.
First Aid Training.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After the successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to continue your employment with Atelier.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.