Engineering toolmaker apprenticeship SPRINT TOOL & DIE LTD
A toolmaker at Sprint Tool and Die has a key role within the organisation. You will use manual milling machines, lathes, surface grinders and read engineering drawings - all whilst working to the company's exacting standards, to ensure quality parts are produced.
Closing date: 27 Jun 2023
8.00am - 4.30pm Monday - Thursday and 8.00am - 1.00pm on Friday.
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
18 Sep 2023
21 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
General day to day duties at the company will involve:
- Using milling machines
- Using lathes
- Operating surface grinders
- Bench work
- Reading engineering drawings
- Trained to use 3D modelling
- Tool maintenance, modification and repairs
- Adhering to the company's Health and Safety policy and ISO standards
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This is a 3 year Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship - Toolmaking pathway.
After a period of foundation skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence).
After a further period of skills and technical knowledge development all apprentices will be required to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence) - Toolmaker, Tool and Die Maintenance
- Level 3 Diploma or Extended Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- You will attend the training centre, In-Comm Training Services in Telford TF3 3AJ, full time for the first 12 months, followed by 4 days at the company and 1 day at the training centre for the remaining 2 years
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full time position at the company after successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SPRINT TOOL & DIE LTD
STAFFORD PARK 12
IN-COMM TRAINING AND BUSINESS SERVICES LIMITED
Sue Fisher or Alex Jones
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.