Nursery Apprentice Little Gems Nursery
Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Cowplain is looking for a L2 nursery apprentice to join their team. Work and interact directly with children on a day-to-day basis supporting the planning of and delivery of activities, assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children and safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
Closing date: 11 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
40 hours per week- 8 hours shifts between 7.30am and 6pm, shifts TBC.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
12 Jun 2023
20 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Creating warm, friendly and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
- Completing all work to desired timescales as set by showcase trainer
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills English and Maths at Level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End Point Assessment
- Training completed via work based visits at the nursery and 4 hour study time provided for coursework
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once completing your Level 2 Apprenticeship, you may be offered a progression to Level 3 and eventually a permanent position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Little Gems Nursery
64 Hazleton Way
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.