Apprentice Floor Layer EN:Able Futures CIC
We are looking for a committed and driven individual keen to learn all aspects of floor laying. You will learn from the very best floor layers, attend college on day release and have a dedicated apprenticeship manager to guide you through your apprenticeship. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 18 Jun 2023
National Apprenticeship Wage plus £17 per week travel contribution.
Monday - Friday (working flexibly between the hours of 7.30am - 5.00pm).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
19 Jun 2023
20 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Day to day activities:
- As an apprentice Floor layer your duties will include supporting a time served Floor layer
- Duties can range from attending commercial and domestic environments where you will learn to install textile and resilient floor coverings
Some of the skillsets you learn will include:
- Removing existing floor coverings and Preparing areas – You will be expected to prepare the area ready to receive new floor coverings, this may include sweeping, scraping or vacuuming, It may also include applying adhesive or primers
- Subfloor preparation - Screeding, Ply boarding and in some cases working with Damp Proof Membranes
- Textile Floor coverings - Gripper, Underlayment’s, Carpets
- Resilient Floor Coverings - Luxury Vinyl Tiles, Vinyl Flooring
- Wood Floor Coverings - Laminate Flooring and trimmings
- Measuring, Planning and Estimating - Measuring and working out areas, Planning rooms and quantities required to complete the job, produce cutting plans for carpets
- Troubleshooting Issues - You will be required to attend customer care jobs where you will need to assess what is needed to complete the flooring repair as well as liaise with a team member to book in a suitable plan to resolve the issues
CSCS Card would be an advantage but not essential, if the successful candidate does not have one they will be entered for a health and safety test prior to starting their placement.
The Successful candidate will:
- Have effective communication
- Be reliable and hard working
- Be able to work effectively as part of a team and independently.
- Good attention to detail
- Have a keen and enthusiastic manner
- Eagerness to learn
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will study a Floor Layer Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard at Derwentside College, this will be on a day release basis
- The expected duration of this apprenticeship is 30 months plus end point assessment (33 months in total)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The expected progression upon completion of this apprenticeship would be to work into a fully qualified floor layer post
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EN:Able Futures CIC
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.