Horticulture Apprentice K HILL & PARTNERS LTD
K Hill & Partners Ltd are offering an exciting opportunity to join their passionate and friendly team as a Horticulture Apprentice. You will gain valuable experience and knowledge along with an insight into the industry. You will as part of your position maintenance grassland using various mowers.
Closing date: 05 Jun 2023
Annual salary review. Access to Employee Assistance Programme.
Monday - Friday, 8.00am - 4.30pm.
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
11 Sep 2023
20 Apr 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for apprentices to work with our soft landscaping, planting and grounds maintenance teams.
You will be involved in various aspects of our work including:
- Garden and grounds planting
- Strimming for vegetation clearance
- Hedge trimming and laying
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 Horticulture and Landscape Operative Apprenticeship Standard
- This will include Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work and Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an Apprenticeship Advisor
- You will be required to attend Duchy College Rosewarne on a day release basis as part of the apprenticeship training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- At the end of the apprenticeship, you will be ideally placed to pursue your career in the horticultural industry in a 'hands on' role or, with further experience, progress to a supervisory post
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
K HILL & PARTNERS LTD
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.