Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship OASIS COMMUNITY LEARNING
An exciting opportunity to work with teachers to support teaching and learning, providing general and specific assistance to students and staff under the direction, guidance and direct supervision of the classroom teacher.
Closing date: 20 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday - Friday, Shifts TBC
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
23 Jun 2023
19 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work with individual students or small groups of students in the classroom under the direct supervision of teaching staff
- Support students to understand instructions, support independent learning and inclusion of all students
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping students on task
- Support students in social and emotional wellbeing, reporting problems to the teacher as appropriate
- Prepare and clear up learning environment and resources including photocopying, filing and display and presentation of student work and teaching and learning resources at the direction of the teacher
- Record basic student data
- Support student learning through play
- Facilitate games and activities
- Assist with escorting students on educational visits
- Invigilate exams and tests
- Assist students with eating, dressing and hygiene as required whilst encouraging independence
Supervise students between lessons and when entering and leaving the Academy’s site
- Subject to receiving appropriate training, to contribute to the Academy’s First Aid provision
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible full-time employment considered on completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
OASIS COMMUNITY LEARNING
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.