Apprentice Dental Nurse Park Lane Dental Clinic
The apprenticeship in dental nursing is an 18-month government funded course - City & Guilds Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing. The job entails assisting the dentist, sterilising equipment, reception, and any other ad hoc duties as may be required.
Closing date: 10 Jun 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Varied shifts within these hours Monday - 09:00 - 18:30 Tuesday - 09:00 - 18:30 Wednesday - 09:00 - 17:30 Thursday - 08:40 - 17:30 Friday - 08:40 - 17:00 Occasional Saturday mornings may also be required (TBC).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Jun 2023
19 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Provide efficient and reliable chair-side support to Practice Clinicians
The role will also require working in other areas of the practice, such as:
- Dealing with patient queries
- Answering the phone
- Taking payments and booking appointments
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Dental nurse (integrated) Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- This qualification is a level 3 advanced apprenticeship accredited by City & Guilds and is delivered nationwide through blended interactive E-Learning, enabling learners to access the course from anywhere in the UK
- Upon achievement the apprentice will be awarded a Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3
- Functional Skills English & maths level 2 qualifications unless already exempt
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the right candidate could progress into roles like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager
- With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work
- You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums
- You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Park Lane Dental Clinic
11 GRANGE TERRACE
TEMP DENT DENTAL AGENCY LIMITED
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.