Accounts and Audit Apprentice BPR HEATON
BPR Heaton can trace its roots back to the 1920’s and we are now one of the largest independent chartered accountancy practices in the Yorkshire area. We are currently seeking our next ambitious accounts and audit apprentice to join our growing team. The role includes assisting with the preparation of the statutory accounts for sole trader, partnership and limited company clients, attending clients onsite and assisting with statutory and non-statutory audits of companies and assisting with the preparation and submission of the corporation tax computations.
Closing date: 01 Jun 2023
Monday - Friday 9am - 5pm with 1 hour lunch.
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
01 Aug 2023
19 Apr 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting with the preparation of the statutory accounts for sole trader, partnership and limited company clients
- Attending clients onsite and assisting with statutory and non-statutory audits of companies
- Assisting with the preparation and submission of the corporation tax computations
- Responsible for the preparation and submission of limited company confirmation statements as well as maintaining the statutory registers
- Adhoc administration and office duties as required to support colleagues
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assistant accountant Level 3
The successful candidate will undertake a full review of their existing skills versus what is required in the new role. We will then work with a training provider to advise on the best apprenticeship programme. This will be a structured AAT Apprenticeship programme at Levels 2, 3 or 4 (depending on candidate’s experience and knowledge).
A blend of classroom and online training will support the candidate to achieve a well-recognised accountancy qualification which will both help with their new role and potentially lead on to further study.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression to take a professional accountancy and/or tax qualification will provide the individual with potentially unlimited opportunities.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent GCSE Maths (Grade 5 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any A-Levels considered (Grade C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Gate Way Drive, Yeadon
FIRST INTUITION LEEDS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.